Job Description: VP, Sales & Business Development
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Send Resumes to: HumanResources@Inxitehealth.com
Reports to: CEO
Technology Innovators With A Passion For Improving Lives
InXite Health Systems is a value-based healthcare technology company that’s dedicated to improving the health of the world. We provide a patient-centered software platform, reporting and analytics, and care services that connect all the parts of fragmented health care systems and provide data-driven insights that improve patient health outcomes, enhance satisfaction, and control health care costs.
Our technology, solutions, and services enable and accelerate the transition from fee-for-service models to coordinated, pay-for-value models for providers, payers, hospitals, ACOs, and health systems.
The ideal candidate for the role of VP of Sales & Business Development is a hands-on sales executive with experience leading a sales team in a multi-state region and managing all aspects of the sales function, including lead development, lead qualification, quota management, pipeline management, budget management, strategic and tactical planning, process development and sales and product training.
- Develop and oversee, short and long-term tactical and strategic sales strategies for achieving sales goals and business objectives.
- Provide overall direction for the Sales organization in executing business plans and meeting targeted sales for the respective regions, product lines, market segments and sales channels.
- Operate as a hands-on Sales Executive, including actual direct sales activities in key accounts.
- Provide leadership to Sales personnel through effective objective goal-setting, delegation, communication and coaching.
- Train, direct, and coordinate Sales staff.
- Provide regular instruction regarding Company technology, products and services, pricing, procedures, and product changes.
- Set performance standards for Sales staff and conduct performance appraisals.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Company products and services, operations, and systems.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, opportunities, channels, products, and competitors to support business development opportunities.
- Design strategies to capitalize on market opportunities and ensure that strategic plans complement marketplace needs.
- Prepare forecasts and reports for the Sales organization to identify progress toward goals and to manage the day to day sales operations.
- Formulate and manage the sales budget.
- Define and set sales quotas and compensation plans that align with the budget.
- Update, monitor, and report to the Executive team on accomplishments toward strategic plans on an on-going basis.
- Assess the effectiveness of existing sales channels, and partnerships to maximize market and account penetration.
- Recommend and manage changes, as necessary, to provide optimal coverage for all products/services.
- Conduct regular review of sales activities and effectiveness.
- Provide recommendations to the Executive team regarding opportunities for improvement in sales and service delivery, programs, and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will Have 10+ years of sales experience and staff management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related subject desirable.
- Experience in a software, services and technology company is required; experience with software systems supporting business workflow processes desired.
- A track record of successfully managing the sales roll-out of new products also desired.
- Proven sales leadership in all aspects of sales account development, management, training, and closing.
- Exceptional prospecting, relationship building, and closing skills with the ability to work independently and be creative in identifying and developing relationships.
- Experience utilizing a variety of sales and marketing tools in the sales process.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to drive changes within the Sales organization to meet evolving business needs.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills, with the capability of articulating the Company’s ongoing strategic product/market vision to customers and the ability to communicate professionally with customers and Company staff.
- Strong track record of achieving results individually and through the leadership of others.
- Must have the ability to motivate and coach staff, and provide leadership and direction to members of the Sales team.
- Strong analytical skills utilizing Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products required.
- Commitment to excellence, integrity, accountability, and professionalism.
- The ability to travel as needed
- Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package including PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, Simple IRA, life insurance and HSA Account.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Relationship-building and client management skills
- Communicates openly and effectively, plans, and collaborates with external partners to drive success
- Prior sales experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Travel required, valid driver’s license
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong business acumen, and a desire to conquer complex sales process